Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Blog For Myself (but you can read it too)

It's become personally obvious that I'm out of shape since I haven't practiced in weeks. When I get ready to start working, the muscles just don't feel strong enough to withstand the required effort. How am I ever going to be productive if I stop producing? Like Nike says: Just Do It. Seems that's the way I'm only going to get better at this, or anything for that matter.

In case you were wondering, I'm not talking about physical fitness. This blog is about using my ability to coherently put sentences together to form a written thought. I haven't blogged in a while because I threw myself a pity-party and gave up on the belief that I could be a writer; making a single attempt to sell myself as such didn't produce the instant success I thought it would. My bad. I should have known to keep trying. I have a talent I never gave myself credit for and oh, by the way, writing is rather enjoyable. I'd be a moron if I let this circle of consternation and procrastination kill the time I have left.

A good friend recently shared with me a motto he came across that is truly meaningful: Turn Around. If I examine it closely, it's what I need to do in my own life. God didn't give me the ability to write just so I could walk away from it. He put a sidelight on it during a time of intense emotional upheaval, told me to look at it carefully, and expects me to use this ability for _______ (fill in the blank if you have any idea since I'm still trying to figure it out). Perhaps it is "the process" that will reveal "my purpose" and not the other way around. Better get started if I'm ever going to answer that question. Tick-tock; I can almost feel time slipping away.

This blog entry was an exercise and flexing a mental muscle should help remove obstacles that block the path I think that I'm supposed to walk. I'm not the fastest, quickest, strongest, or most talented, but I do have God-given abilities and they will be wasted if I do nothing, Worse than that, if I don't use that with which I am equipped, what kind of example am I going to be for my children?

I already know the answer and all I need now is to get started. Thankfully, I won't have to do this alone. If I'm as smart as I want to think I am, Inspiration and Perspiration will be my workout partners until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment