Wednesday, November 17, 2010

iFuture

I'm playing iTunes in the background and the shuffle option is enabled. Just for curiosity sake, I want to figure out if the music I listen to says something about how I view life. Here are the major refrains:

Don't ever look back. Don't ever look back.


She wore a Raspberry Beret. If it were warm she wouldn't wear much more.


I think I'm falling for you. I'm falling for you.


The band on the run. Band on the run.


Future love paradise.


New York. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothing you can't do.


Baby are you down, down ,down, down, down?


When the cats come out, the bats come out to play, yeah. In the morning after.


Never an honest word, but that was when I ruled the world.


Have you ever felt this way?



OK; that was interesting. If I postulate that the computer is perceptive and clairvoyant, here's what I am going to expect through interpretation of its randomly selected songs and lyrics:

On a trip back east without the family I left behind, I will find enormous fame and fortune as a musician despite being a pathological liar. Somewhere on the summer tour, I will meet wife #2 (groupie?) who is scantily clad, works a morning shift at an animal shelter, and gives me several reasons to question her belief structure. Despite the choice of French fashion, I will stay with her and not return to Texas.

I clearly didn't see this coming. Did you?

I better stop now before Dana takes away my car keys and credit cards. She's not usually the jealous type but there's no need to give her reason to doubt my commitment. I love my wife with every fiber of my being and would never leave my family despite what the computer is predicting.

Oh crap, the next song isn't helping my cause.

I'm already gone.

Time to start buying copious amounts of Christian Rock. That should work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment