Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Muh muh muh my Corona.



COVID-19 Quarantine Journal: The Corona Chronicles 

Days 1-3 (March 16-18, 2020)

Synopsis:

I'm at home with our three kids who may not return to school this academic year thanks to COVID-19, otherwise known as the coronavirus. Dana's company, Spectrum, will not allow her to work remotely. All five of us are healthy, as is our 16 lb. and 4 month old puppy, and we have enough food to last several weeks.

Life on earth has changed dramatically since many governments are instructing their citizens to self quarantine at home for at least two weeks. Most grocery stores near us are limiting how many paper products you can purchase and the shelves inside are bare of essentials such as eggs, orange juice, butter, flour, and rice.

As of this vey minute, the reported USA infected count is 8,019 and the death toll is 125.

All that said, if I had to chose one word to describe the current situation it would be "scary".


These are the facts. I wanted those out there before I let thoughts escape my head like steam from a pressure cooker. So thankful I'm using this medium instead of screaming otherwise I'd wake the puppy. Never wake the puppy. Never. Penny is a biter.

Observations:

1. President Cheeto is not good at anything except lying and most rational people would consider him to be a savant at that. I can't stand watching him or reading his moronic tweets. He's at best an awful person. He is woefully unable to coherently or competently address the nation about the coronavirus. We're all screwed.

2. Homeschooling in 2020 is easy despite everyone bitching about now having to educate their kids. Internet resources alone are sufficient to get the ball rolling. Common sense, patience, and research skills are all that's needed afterwards. Most parents should have all 3. Sadly for our society, "should" and "do" are not synonyms.

3. My kids make a lot of noise. My ears hurt.

4. Watching the pandemic coverage looks a lot like every apocalypse movie ever created. Starts off with one goober in a remote cave getting bitten and then morphs into hospitals everywhere overflowing within days with the infected. These movies usually include good looking people getting rescued from hoards of zombies by a helicopter. Anyone own a chopper? Just asking for a friend....

5. Writing a blog in the middle of the day with my family in the house wasn't impossible but I had to take breaks to: address 9th grade geometry, 2nd grade spelling, a 16 year old cleaning lady, and the incessant crying of our puppy in her kennel because she's Cujo Jr. when let loose. I prefer to keep my toes.


That's all I have for now. More Jones Fam CC to come. The crying puppy needs a nap.







No comments:

Post a Comment